To apply, the applicant must be:
- A graduating high school senior that is participating in the Cosmo track meet.
- In the top 50% of your graduating class.
- Seeking to attend a college, university or other school of higher learning.
- Not related to any member of the Cosmopolitan Club of Roanoke.
Demonstrate service in one or more of the following areas: Family, School, Community, Work Experience. (please complete appropriate sections on the following application) The applicant must complete a personal statement, no longer than two pages, typed and double-spaced using 12-point type and one-half inch margins. Type the words “Personal Statement” at the top of each page, along with your first and last name. Clearly address the following three questions in sequential order, typing each question as it appears below. Type your response directly under each question.
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your field of study and your future goals..
- Tell us about a time you failed and what you learned from the experience..
- Choose a person or persons you admire and explain why..
For Receipt of Scholarship Funds, the recipients must:
- Be enrolled in college, university or school of higher learning.
- Send a letter of notification by a qualified school official to the Cosmopolitan Club of Roanoke to confirm that enrollment has taken place and the student is attending classes.
- Upon confirmation, the scholarship check will be sent by the Treasurer of the Cosmopolitan Club directly to the institution on behalf of the enrolled recipient.